Sign up for a free cycle training course to improve your confidence and practical on-road cycling skills.
Training is delivered one-to-one or in small groups.
To book contact Tember at Blackburn with Darwen Council on 07966776114 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bikeability is a cycle training course aimed at commuter cyclists. If you are keen to build up your on road cycling skills this two hour course could be for you.
We deliver levels 1 – 3. It covers a variety of skills:
- Preparing for a journey
- Understanding advanced road positioning
- Passing queuing traffic and hazard perception
- Understanding driver blind spots
- Reacting to hazardous road surfaces
- How to use roundabouts and junctions controlled by traffic lights
- Multi-lane use and sharing the road with other cyclists
- Cycling in groups
The session is delivered by a national standards trained instructor and can take place at a location and time suited to participants although it must take place within the borough.
For information on East Lancashire outside of the Blackburn with Darwen boundary please click here