What is Connecting East Lancashire?
Connecting East Lancashire focuses on linking people to employment, skills sites and Colleges in east Lancashire. Through a variety of initiatives, the aim of the project is to promote and enable active travel and address issues of physical inactivity and barriers to sustainable transport. The project will support the usage of Local Transport Infrastructure delivered through Local Growth Funding and Local Transport Plan Investment.
The Connecting East Lancashire project is formed of two mutually supportive packages:
Package One – Access to Skills and Employment
- Enabling job seekers to overcome transport barriers to work and training;
- Deliver targeted help to to people seeking employment, training including bike loans, travel advice and public transport assistance;
- Providing advice and resources to improve accessibility of key employment and skills sites;
- Actively promote and deliver workplace active travel challenges.
Package Two – Enabling Active Travel
- Provide practical support to increase skills and confidence to enable active travel journeys;
- Targeted Cycle training;
- Targeted promotion of active travel infrastructure to specific employment and skills sites.
The Connecting East Lancashire Project Team are:
Cheryl Sandford – Project Officer (Communities Coordinator) – Blackburn with Darwen
Melanie Taylor – Project Officer – Blackburn with Darwen
Mandy Jenkinson – Project Officer – Hyndburn and Rossendale
Obie Enninful – Project Officer – Burnley
Caroline Holden – Project Officer – Ribble Valley and Pendle
How to contact us:
Follow us on Twitter: @ConnectELancs
Like us on Facebook: ConnectingEastLancashire